Why invest in Belize?
In a world increasingly seeking natural products, where organic, fair trade, and eco-labeled certifications fetch price premiums; Belize’s natural assets, development policies and pro-business investment climate have created an ideal destination for investors looking to differentiate based on quality.
No other country has so emphatically proclaimed this niche-oriented destiny. Belize’s government, recognized by investors as supportive and predictable, is wholly committed to creating the conditions, policies and institutions to continue supporting the country’s «niche-oriented» development model and preserving the country’s distinctiveness.
Niche by Nature
In Belize, business and nature meet, creating an attractive and sustainable investment climate for investors seeking to develop products and services that cater to markets that value nature.
- Belize is characterized by an incredible amount of biological and geographic diversity. The mainland, roughly the size of Belgium, contains tropical rainforests, coastal forests and grassland that host rare tropical flora and fauna.
- The Belizean shore is distinguished by its more than100 coastal islands and the largest coral reef in the Hemisphere: The Meso-American Barrier Reef measuring180 miles (290 kilometers).
- Weather conditions extend the location advantages of Belize. Mild average temperatures of 80°F (27°C) are made even more pleasant by their low degree of variability.
- The average ocean temperature of 85°F (29°C) also has mild temperature fluctuations due to the protective effect of the barrier reef.
- Belizean products and services benefit from this «pristine aura» and carry a premium flavor to consumers in key markets in the global arena.
Niche by Vision
Nature has blessed Belize with unique natural riches.
- The Government of Belize is committed to preserving this endowment and leveraging on these natural assets to promote the private sector growth that will ensure long-term sustainability.
- This vision is supported by a legal framework designed to promote harmonized production methods and a private sector committed to delivering high-quality goods and services.
- Belize’s government is proud to be viewed as a model of a developing country able to protect its environment and resources, while simultaneously welcoming and fostering foreign business and trade. The country’s success in its approach to economic growth has been supported by 2.67% average annual GDP growth from 2008-2013.
Niche for Business
If you think niche, Belize is your way to grow:
- A strategic location.
- A stable economy.
- The only English-speaking country in Central America.
- An attractive legal framework for investment.
- Competitive investment Incentives.
- An educated and productive labour force.
- Access to preferential markets.
- Political stability.
The list of reasons to invest in Belize is a long one, but of equal importance:
- Belize is rapidly becoming an attractive and profitable location for investors looking to differentiate their products and services based on quality. The natural characteristics of Belize support the development of businesses that compete on quality rather than those that compete solely on price or in commodity markets.
- Belize is much closer than you think. In terms of distance, culture, language, and business practices, Belize is close.
- Foreign investors already operating in Belize refer to the ease of entry and small degree of government and administrative barriers to business. Ownership and currency regulations, present in other countries of the region, are absent in Belize, which allows firms to be fully owned by foreigners and for the repatriation of profits and dividends.
Read more about the business and industry opportunities in Belize:
To learn more about Belize in terms of establishing a business, practical information on infrastructures, permissions, finance terms, etc. , please see the detailed BELTRAIDE digest